LITSLINK Privacy Notice
Last updated: 18.04.19
This Privacy Notice tells you about how we use the personal information we collect from you when you access and use our website at https://litslink.com/ and our social networks pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Regarding the personal data we collected from you or you provided us with we are acting as a data controller.
Who we are?
LitsLink is a US based software development company.
Our contact details are:
Suite 101, 160 Greentree Drive, Dover, Country of Kent, DE 19904, State of Delaware
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contact details of our EU representative are:
Cyprus, Limassol, 3026, Vasili Michailidi, 9
Email address: email@example.com.
We are not required to have a Data Protection Officer (DPO), therefore any enquiries about use of your personal data can be addressed to the contact details above.
How we collect your data?
We collect your data when you (1) use our website, (2) reach us via email or the enquiry form available on the website, or (3) contact us in a social network. Please note that we do not use the data you provide to make any automated decisions.
(1) When you use our website
2. While you access and browse the website, we may place cookies on the devise you use. Cookies are small files that are necessary to track visits and activity of our website users. There are ‘session’ and ‘persistent’ cookies. Session cookies are permanently deleted as soon as you close your browser. Persistent cookies are stored until their expiration date and then removed automatically by your browser or until you delete them manually.
Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary for our website to function properly. So, we do not ask your consent to place them. To use those cookies which are not strictly necessary, we will always ask your consent.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in case you want to block or delete them.
3. Our website may use captcha and heatmap and other similar tools. Captcha is a tool which requires a user to type the letters and numbers displayed on the picture. Captcha verifies if a person is not a robot and thereby helps us to secure the use of the website. Captcha may collect IP address, cookies, behaviour on the website, etc. Heatmap is a form of analytics which shows us where website users have clicked on a page, how far they have scrolled down a page, etc. Legal basis for processing of such personal data — legitimate interest to secure and improve your user experience on the website.
(2) When you contact us
We also collect your information when you contact us via email or the enquiry form (“Contact Us” form). We use this information to respond to your query. Legal basis — legitimate interest.
The data you provide includes: name, phone number (optional), email address, and company name (optional). You may also provide us with any other information in attached documents and the blank field of the enquiry form.
(3) Social Networks
LitsLink has pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn social networks.
In case you contact us or share the content or information through a social network, you become involved in relations with the third party that provides such respective social network. These third parties collect your personal data according to their privacy policies, so please read privacy policies of such third parties carefully before you proceed with any actions involving such social networks.
Be aware that in case you are already registered on a social network, they may identify you and process your account details. We do not bear any responsibility for such third parties.
We use the information you provide us via social networks on the basis of our legitimate interest to contact you back.
If you provided us with your personal data, we may further contact you to market our services based on our legitimate interest. In case we send you any direct marking material, you will always have a right to unsubscribe from receiving it on the bottom of every marketing email.
We may also collect certain information about you from public domain, third parties, or other websites to contact you with our marketing material. Information may be collected from social networks, business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, and analytics providers.
In this case, we process your personal data collected from other sources where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Legitimate interest means our interest in marketing our services to perspective clients and customers.
Transfer of personal data
We may transfer your data to companies from LitsLink Group or to other third parties, if it is necessary to respond to your query or resolve your issue. Those third parties could be our subcontractors or remote technical specialists. We will ensure that any transfer we make is secure and does not impair your rights and interests.
How long do we store your data
As a general rule we store your enquiry emails/messages for 1 year since the last contact with you, after which we delete them.
As a data subject you have certain rights regarding your personal data, which are:
- If we process your data on the basis of your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time.
- To correct your data if it is inaccurate or complete your data if it is incomplete.
- If we process your data on the basis of your consent or to fulfil a contract, to receive a copy of your personal information that we process.
- To request the erasure (deletion) of your personal data (in certain cases).
- To ask us to stop processing (restrict processing) your personal information (in certain cases).
- Where we process your data on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract, you can ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party indicated by you.
- The right to object to direct marketing. As soon as you notify us, we will stop using your data for such purpose.
- Where the processing is based on legitimate interest, to object to such processing.
- To lodge a complaint with a relevant governmental authority. Your authority may be different depending on a country of your residence.
You can exercise your rights towards us by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that when you send us a request to exercise your right, we may need to reasonably authenticate your identity. Thus, we may ask you to confirm your identity via email or other means to make sure that you are who you claim to be and may further ask you certain questions to understand the nature and scope of your request.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will change the ‘Last updated’ date of this Notice indicated on the first page. It is your obligation to review this Notice each time you access our website in order to be aware of the changes.
We will notify you in case of a material change to this Privacy Notice before such changes will take effect.
If you do not agree to the revised Privacy Notice, you should discontinue using this website.
Questions, comments and request regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be sent to email@example.com.