Ruby is a dynamic, interpreted, reflective, object-oriented programming language. You can use Ruby to make web applications, web servers, system utilities, backups, do database work, parsing, even biology and medicine. It supports multiple programming paradigms, including functional, object-oriented, and imperative. So you can use Ruby to do a lot of things. Ruby is often used to make prototypes, and these prototypes sometimes become production systems, replacing the bottlenecks with extensions written in C. Ruby has adopted various features from many languages, including Perl, Lisp, and Smalltalk. It can be widely used to create applications for “iOS” and “Android”. Using Ruby, a developer can implement this language in the programming of vending machines, network routers, and industrial robots. It's an excellent choice for developing web applications in comparison to other languages.
Statistics show that the speed of software product development with Ruby is 32 to 40 percent faster than with other programming languages. Our Ruby development team (talented project managers, business analysts, Ruby developers, QA and support engineers) is ready to share their expertise.
Advantages of Ruby:
- The code written in Ruby is small, elegant, and powerful, as it uses fewer lines of code.
- Ruby supports metaprogramming.
- Large library, including modules for YAML, JSON, XML, CGI, OpenSSL, HTTP, FTP, and RSS.
- Ruby allows developers to ensure the highest quality of code standards.
- Ruby allows simple and fast creation of Web applications, which results in less hard work.
- Built-in support for rational numbers, complex numbers, and arbitrary-precision arithmetic.
- Strict Boolean coercion rules.
- Ruby can easily be connected to MySQL, DB2, Oracle, and Sybase.
- Literal notation for arrays, hashes, regular expressions, and symbols.
- Four levels of variable scope (global, class, instance, and local).
- As Ruby is free of charge, that is to say, Ruby is free to copy, use, and modify, it allows programmers to make necessary changes as and when required.
- Dynamic reflection and alteration of objects to facilitate metaprogramming.
- Ruby is a dynamic programming language for which there are no hard and fast rules on how to build in features, and it is very close to spoken languages.
Disadvantages of Ruby:
Code written in Ruby is harder to debug since it typically generates at runtime.
Ruby is an interpreted scripting language, so it is slower than many other languages.
Better development tools
At LITSLINK, our Ruby development team is equipped with the latest technologies that give them cutting edge advantage in the quality of their production. LITSLINK offers experienced Ruby developers and highly skilled engineers who are here to accelerate the development process of your project. We make sure that every line of code we deliver is robust, secure, and easily maintainable. Our project managers will make a realistic roadmap for the implementation of your ideas and will deliver a product matching your business goals.
Our top priorities in the cooperation process: product demos at the end of each sprint; a dedicated manager available 24/7; on-demand business trips to your location, daily commits of the engineers; access to our project management system; daily video calls with developers.